I read one of the Mobius comics. I have vaguely heard of the artist; however, I never saw his work until now. His comic opened with worlds beyond imagination, feeling like we landed on a new planet. I would put these stories in the category of Syfy fantasy. The illustrations are beautiful; the images and the colors the artist chose reminds me of 80's rock posters. The colors are vibrant, and the atmosphere is whimsical. The reader had to use context clues to understand the world-building. And the first story had no dialogue, which made it feel otherworldly. However, these stories have no text boxes or words to describe what is happening, so it is not easy to follow the plot. There are different stories within one world. When reading the small text about the background of the book, it said that it didn't fit into the comic book genre, it plunges the reader into an alien world, and it succeeds by the reader vaguely being able to figure out how it works. The other comic stories...
Comments
Post a Comment